Sadsbury Township will be celebrating its Tricentennial on September 23, 2017 on the grounds of Gateway Church, at 160 Cowan Road.
The event marks the three hundredth anniversary of the year the township was organized, as recognized on page 203 of 1881's History of Chester County, Pennsylvania, with genealogical and biographical sketches, by John Smith Futhey and Gilbert Cope:
Our schedule of activities and displays will be updated over the next few weeks. In the meantime, please visit our Facebook page to find out more and to the join the conversation!
- 0700 - 0900
- Event infrastructure installation
- 0800 - 0830
- Volunteer orientation
- 0900 - 1000
- Vendor setup
- 1000 - 1500
- Tricentennial Day Event
- 0900 - 1400 - Miller-Keystone Blood Drive
- 1000 - Opening ceremony
- 1005 - Citation from PA Senate
- 1015 - Live musical performance from Exit Strategy
- 1100 - Baton twirling display from Russell Dance & Baton Studio
- 1215 - Live music from Exit Strategy
- 1300 - Karate display from AmKor Karate
- 1400 - Photography Competition winner announcement
- 1500 - 1600
- Vendor packup
- 1600 - 1700
- Dismantle event infrastructure, clear parking lot
The winner of our photography competition will be judged during the Tricentennial. Enter to win a chance to have your picture representing Sadsbury Township feature in our upcoming Municipal Directory, and to have it frame and hung in the township building.
We are excited to announce that the good people at Miller-Keystone Blood Center will once again be accepting blood donations at the event. If you would like to give blood, you can pre-register at their sign-up page before the event.
Supporting the Tricentennial
If you would like to sponsor the event, please download this sponsor form (PDF) and submit to the township. If you would like to be a vendor at the event, please download this vendor form (PDF) and submit to the township as soon as possible. Slots for vendors are limited, so they are being awarded on a first come, first served basis.
The township is in need of volunteers to help setup and run Tricentennial Day. There are a variety of tasks we need help with, including (but not limited to):
- Staking out the locations for event infrastructure on Sept 21 (Thursday).
- Decorating the tents and stage, staking out vendor slots on Sept 22 (Friday).
- Putting out (and packing up) tables and chairs, monitoring children as they use the inflatables, directing traffic and parking, helping to clean up once the event is over on Sept 23 (Saturday).
Every volunteer will get a free Tricentennial Day "STAFF" T-shirt in the size of their choice, and the grateful thanks of Sadsbury Township. If you are interested in helping us out, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. Include all your contact details, availability and T-shirt size.